Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Sunday

"Mr. Leave Me Alone"

Once all the girls are awake each morning, it usually takes about the same amount of time for the arguing to begin as it does for me to toast a waffle. It makes me grateful to have a large enough vehicle that allows me to position Hatfield Halie, and McCoy Catie out of reach of each other. I figure it helps them to develop vocabulary as they try to think up more and more creative ways to verbally spar with each other. They were recently given foam headbands with pink rabbit ears, promoting the battery with the drum-bashing bunny mascot. The girls proudly wore them on the drive yesterday, with permission, of course. After five minutes of listening to their conversation (read: bickering), I finally asked them to try pretending that they were sweet little bunnies. Catie introduced herself to her sister as 'Little Miss Carrot'. Halie did not respond, so Catie repeated herself, adding, "What's your name, mister bunny?" Halie turned and scowled as she said, "I'm Mister Leave Me Alone." I had to congratulate Halie for making an effort to use her Big Girl Words, then I joined all the other passengers metaphorically rolling on the floor!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In