Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Sunday

Date with my Dad

My father explained, over dinner, that he had called to make reservations at this restaurant, and was asked by the female representative if we would be celebrating any particular occasion. My father responded by saying, "Anytime I get to have dinner with one of my daughters is reason to celebrate." There was deafening silence on the other end of the line. My father told me that he was thinking: 'I guess you don't have the kind of relationship with your father that my daughters have with me.' The consummate gentleman, my father opened and closed the door of the car for me, pulled out my chair at dinner, and even waited for me to return from 'powdering my nose' before he touched his delicious dessert. I've known my father every day of my life, and I'm still getting to know him, discovering how much there is to like about him. I love you, Dad!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In