Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Wednesday

Horrific News

I got a call from DH today, who watches the weather at work for insurance purposes. He encouraged me to take my SUV and Fill It Up. DH told me that Hurricane Rita, has been upgraded to Storm Level 5, and could be affecting the same Louisiana Coastline before the week is over. Folks are already evacuating the Galveston and low-lying Houston areas of the state we have called home almost our entire lives. I feel blessed to live so far inland, also above sea level.
I'm contemplating the transportation of three children when gasoline finally reaches $50 per gallon. I could invest fewer dollars in the purchase of high-quality sneakers for the entire family.

We'd all be in much better shape for it!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In