Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Thursday

Ma'am ??

I went to Wally World this morning after my doctor's appointment. I am convinced that all the Walton Empire needs to add is a Dry Cleaners and a Daycare to create a society where no one has to leave. Um, ever. I went to get my nails done and eyebrows waxed, while I had my transmission replaced and my nudie pictures developed, then stopped at the Deli Counter to pick up some lunch for DH and the girls. Heehee. Just when I thought I was being ignored and that it would be easier to get the food for myself, the twenty-something girl dislodged her fingernail from between her teeth, and approached me. "Can I help you, Hon?" I looked behind me, turning a full circle, sure that there was someone much older behind me. "Are you speaking to me?" Obviously she was. "I just heard you call me 'Hon'." The young woman nodded soberly. I continued, "I sense that I'm not far from your age, and I'm far too young to hear that from you, sweetie." She quickly backpedaled, explaining that she'd been raised in S. Mississippi ( with no family harmed by Katrina), and that it had become a saying that came naturally to her. We chatted about our backgrounds and our regional 'sayings', and the girl told me that she turned 20 last year. Twenty! I remember those days. They aren't so far in the past that I cannot easily recall them. Memory loss doesn't start until closer to forty.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In