Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

Finally funny jokes that I actually GET!

My daughters are famous for telling 'Knock knock' jokes that make absolutely no sense. Catie is the best (or worst) at it, and we refer to her jokes as 'Surrealist Humor":

Catie: Knock knock!

DH: Who's there?

C: What do you get when the cow jumps over the moon?

DH: *SIGH* What do you get when the cow jumps over the moon who?

C: DAD! You're not doin' the joke right!

DH: You said 'Knock knock', and I said 'Who's there?' Isn't that how a knock knock joke is supposed to go?

C: Nevermind.

Two minutes later:

C: Mom, I've got a joke for you!

Me: Okay. Knock-knock.

C: Who's th- WAIT! I'm telling this joke!

Me: You're right. I goofed. Go ahead.

C: Knock Knock!

Me: Who's there?

C: What happened to the cow who jumped over the moon?

Me: *SIGH* Not a clue, sweet pea.

C: His bottom got BURNED by the moon!

Me: ?? (over my head)

DH: Then why isn't it called a moonburn instead of a sunburn when your skin turns red?

C: Because I made it up all by myself!

My thoughts: *Really? I thought for sure you had a writer giving you those lines.*

DH did share a couple of good jokes today. At least I think they're good, because they made me laugh. Out loud. Body-shaking. There was even one snort. I'll share:

Q: Why do mermaids wear seashells to cover their breasts?
A: Because deeshells would be way too big.

Q: What do you call a midget psychic who has broken out of prison?
A: A small medium at large.

Hang on. Let. me. stop. snorting. Okay. I needed a good laugh today, and DH provided it. I love it that we can still make each other laugh hysterically!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In