Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

Finishing my Education

I guess you could call it 'changing careers'. I went to a Private Baptist College, studied to serve overseas as a missionary. I met DH before I finished my studies, so I tell folks that while I did not graduate, I got my M.R.S. Degree. I went to a different college out in West Texas, to learn about emergency medicine, then tested and got my license as an EMT. When I found out that I was pregnant, and my OB advised me to leave my stressful job, I became a stay-at-home-mom. After our three daughters are in school, I will have my options open once again. I think that I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.
I know that God designed me to impact others. I prefer to be a positive impact on the people that I come into contact with! I plan to enroll in a Massage Therapy Program. Not the Red Light District kind of massage, but legitimate Massage Therapy that's becoming recognized by insurance providers. I've investigated toured one school near my home that looks promising.

All that to preface a recent episode that I thought was blogtastic: I drove with Halie and Catie in the car on the way to school. Halie opens the conversation by asking me what I'm going to do with my time once all the girls are in school. "I plan to go back to school," I tell her. "Can you guess what I'll be learning to do?" Catie chimes in, "Learning to be a better mom?" I laugh and tell her "No." Now, it's Halie's turn. She says "Learning to fly a plane?" I tell Halie "no" as well. When I reveal my plan to become a Massage Therapist, it doesn't take much explaining. My mother, 'Granny', has been one for several years. "Oooo! Free backrubs!" Catie says. Halie says, "No! I bet we'll still need to pay her, even though she is our mom." Alrighty then! My bags are packed in preparation for a Guilt Trip!
So I figure that I've got at least two willing(if somewhat small) guinea pigs in my house while I'm studying Swedish Massage. I'm hoping that DH will be willing to quiz me on Anatomy! *wink wink*

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In