Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

He just can't be RIGHT!

DH and I occasionally have 'competitive discussions', both of us willing to go to great lengths to prove how right we are. Recently, the discussion was about Halie's school. Had it really been there for so long? The following is an approximation of our talk:

DH: The LEAP teacher said she's been at Halie's school for twelve years.

Me: It's fairly new. When mom and dad were having their house built, it wasn't there.

DH: Yes, Erin, it was.

Me: I remember driving down 'ABC' street and being able to see the house from the street. Across an open field. The school was built in that field later on.

DH: No. I'm sure it was there already. We watched fireworks from there with mom and dad.

Me: I can call mom and find out right now.

DH: Let me dial that number for you, sweetie.

Me: That's okay, honey. I've got her on speed dial.

DH: Fine. Go ahead.

My side of the conversation with mom:

Me: Hi Mom. It's me. Settle a discussion for us. Tell me that the elementary school was not there when your house was being built.

Me to DH (sheepishly) : Yeah, it was there.

Me to Mom: Really? I thought it was just an open field.

Me to DH: Okay, you were right.

DH to Me (loud enough that mom could hear) : Awesome! That's my one to your 269,000!!

Laughter for all three of us...

Me: Oh yeah. They put up portable buildings a couple of years ago. I forgot about that. That's why I can't see your house from 'ABC' street anymore. Okay, thanks. Bye.

Me to DH: You're catching up!

DH: But I still have a long way to go!

Me: AMEN.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In