Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Wednesday

My 100 Things

Instead of my regular Way Back Wednesday, I decided to post the finally completed list: My 100 Things. Way Back Wednesday will return at its regularly scheduled time next week. I know, I know... Everybody else has done it already! That's right. I had to arrive after everyone else - make an entrance.



My 100 Things:

  1. I was born August 31, 1974, in Chicago, Illinois.
  2. My father taught me to ride a bike at 5 years old.
  3. My parents divorced when I was 10 years old.
  4. I was angry with my parents.
  5. I've forgiven them both.
  6. My father, his wife, my mother, and all the kids had Christmas as one big family.
  7. My mom was afraid to try to break up any fistfight between me and my sister.
  8. Early in my teens, I was addicted to drugs.

  9. At 15, I lived in a Children's Home, and established a relationship with Jesus.

  10. I've been drug free for 16 years.

  11. My sister, Kelly, is 19 months younger than me.
  12. She and her DH(dear husband) made me an aunt on Nov.1 , 2005.
  13. I have a step-brother and a step-sister.
  14. I consider them my brother and sister.
  15. I don't call them as much as I should.
  16. I still find my DH irresistible.
  17. He calls me Sunshine.
  18. I call him Prince Charming.
  19. I was told at 18 years old that I couldn't have children without medical help.
  20. I found out I was pregnant on our one year wedding anniversary.
  21. I had Halie 7 months later, six weeks early. She was 5lbs. 14oz.
  22. After celebrating Halie's first birthday, I found out that I was pregnant again.
  23. Catie was born nine months later, a week past her due date.
  24. I labored with Catie for 24 hours, non-medicated, and had another c-section anyway.
  25. Catie was 7 pounds 10 ounces.
  26. I do not remember how I handled two babies in diapers.
  27. I just woke up every morning and did exactly what I had done the day before!
  28. Our third daughter died before she was born.
  29. We named her Emerson Grace, 'Emmie".
  30. As soon as the OB gave us his okay to try again, I got pregnant.
  31. Being pregnant with Rosie kept me from being depressed about Emmie.
  32. I was in a car accident that left me unconscious.
  33. I was six months pregnant with Rosie.
  34. No one else was seriously injured.
  35. The OB scheduled a c-section at 38 weeks.
  36. My baby, Rosie, was born healthy.
  37. She weighed in at 7 pounds 1 ounce.
  38. 'Rosie' is actually Trinity Rose, and she is 2 now.
  39. We lived with my in-laws while I was still in a wheelchair.
  40. I married a loving man with a loving family.
  41. I don't understand jokes about in-laws.
  42. I love my in-laws.
  43. I consider my mother-in-law a close friend.
  44. I live within a 5 minute drive of DH's parents.
  45. I live within 30 minutes of mine.
  46. I don't buy clothing for my daughters.
  47. Their grandparents supply the clothing.
  48. I have three families, with three moms.
  49. I hope that I look as good as they do when I'm 50!
  50. In 1993, I attended Criswell College, majoring in Evangelism and Missions.
  51. I planned to serve as a Missionary overseas.
  52. I met DH at work the summer after our freshmen year at college.
  53. We dated for that summer - every day.
  54. I got fired for dating an employee.
  55. It was SO worth it!
  56. I moved to San Angelo, and went to college there.
  57. My mother and I used the same Anatomy book for our classes.
  58. My mom is a Massage Therapist, and I was in EMT school.
  59. I was an licensed EMT and rode out with the San Angelo Fire Department.
  60. I wanted to serve on an emergency helicopter medical team.
  61. My very first ride in a helicopter was after my accident.
  62. I do not remember it, and I am grateful.
  63. I have decided not to pursue a medical career.
  64. My mother and DH's mom traded off caring for the girls while I was hospitalized.
  65. My daughters have three sets of Grandparents.
  66. My daughters have traditions at home, plus THREE Family Christmas celebrations.
  67. I still put cookies and milk out for Santa.
  68. DH requests the kind of cookies, and I bake them myself.
  69. I always get jewelry. I'm not complaining.
  70. My jewelry box is not nearly full.
  71. I could wear different jewelry every day for a week.
  72. I still wear the same jewelry every day.
  73. My SAHM 'uniform' is jeans and t-shirts
  74. My 'uniforms' come from Wal-Mart.
  75. My nice clothes come from Target.
  76. My nice clothes are unstained jeans and a fancy t-shirt.
  77. I do not stray from my uniform much.
  78. I wear a dress for Date Night.
  79. I love having a reason to dress up.
  80. I wear some of my special jewelry on Date Night.
  81. We are very picky about sitters.
  82. Grandma always comes to the rescue.
  83. Did I mention how much I love living close to family?
  84. Grandma is an accomplished seamstress, and she adjusts/repairs our clothing.
  85. I'm 31, and I've just now figured out what I want to be when I grow up.
  86. My young daughters give me puzzled looks when I say that out loud.
  87. They live in the fantasy that only married grown ups have kids.
  88. I'm not ready to crush that fantasy yet.
  89. When all of them are in school in Fall 2006, I will return to school.
  90. I am enrolling at the Institute of Bodywork Studies .
  91. I know that God created me to impact others.
  92. Lots of people are lacking daily in human touch - thus massage.
  93. My 'natural color' is L'oreal Excellence: Medium Reddish Blonde.
  94. I was born a redhead, I will die a redhead.
  95. At 31, I often have more pimples than I did as a teen.
  96. It seems wrong to me to be battling acne and the signs of aging simultaneously.
  97. I avoid confrontations with my DH.
  98. When it happens, I love the emotions involved
  99. and the resolution afterwards...wink, wink!
  100. I am not afraid to introduce myself to anyone.

Feel free to copy this layout and post it for your own 100 Things Meme.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In