Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Saturday

Snow Day Aftermath

We let the girls stay up until 10PM on Wednesday, knowing that public school would be closed the next day. Rosie woke us up at 7AM on Thursday morning. Hmmm. So, we put them to bed at the normal time Thursday night, knowing the school would be open for classes Friday. Yet, Friday morning, they did not wake up until after 8AM. That would be great, but I had forgotten to set my alarm clock. School started at 8AM! Apparently, I need to give them alarm clocks for Christmas, and teach them how to set them. With teeth chattering over the breakfast I slaved over that morning(microwave Pillsbury pancakes), Catie complained about the cold weather. I explained that one day we might move to a city that has more cold weather than hot weather. Catie frowned, then let me explain the advantages to living in cooler climates. I pointed out that there are no bugs in some cold places. Catie, who despises bugs asked, "No ants? Or mosquitoes?" Then said, "WOW! No yucky pests?" I nodded my head in response. Catie continued, "No big sisters?!" Not knowing how to respond, I shrugged my shoulders.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In