Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Monday

Being Two Sucks, literally

Stinker is growing into a toddler, and still sucking those same two middle fingers. She is spending the time when she is not eating or otherwise using her hands her left hand is occupied by her mouth. She has recently discovered how to use this obsession to multi-task, as evidenced by the picture below:
She's been learning from her sisters, for sure. Say it with me: EEEW, YUCK!! I have never dealt with sucking fingers (or a thumb, for that matter), or ultimately breaking the habit. I do not want her to be embarassed as she grows into childhood. With all of my daughters, I tried pacifiers, just to get them off the boob for ten minutes or so. Never worked. I actually introduced Stinker to her fingers before we were even home from the hospital. She preferred those, since she never dropped them on the floor, left them in a restaraunt, or lost them under the sofa. Makes sense to me. I'm just curious if any other parents have advice on how to get her to stop, even if it is just to let her be a baby a little while longer. I cannot believe it either. I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE. I'm sure that Satan is shivering in his Uggs right now.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In