Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

Frightening!

Many of you know that I have finally come to a decision about what I'd like to be when I grow up. My classes at The Institute for Bodyworks Studies will begin in the Fall of 2006. I called the school and basically made a pest of myself to get all my questions (and DH's questions) answered. I am so very eager to get started that I paid for my textbook and picked it up last week. The $70 dollars will be deducted from my tuition this Fall. I called DH to let him know that I had picked it up, and he asked me to promise not to read it cover to cover that day. While I did scan the text, I managed to miss the graphic illustrations of human anatomy. I have always thought that the Anatomy portion of the schooling would be a 'refresher class' for me, after EMT school. No Sweat, right? Boy was I wrong! The textbook also came with a CD computer-software program. This is just a KNEE:

I had to learn bones and major blood vessels in my emergency medicine education. Now, I will be tested over bones, blood vessels, nerves, tendons, ligaments, and individual muscles! This level of knowledge frightens me. Deeply. At least I know what I'm up against.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In