Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Thursday

He really IS my Prince Charming

DH normally watches Sweet Pea and Stinker while I take Princess to school. I'm gone 20 minutes tops, and when I arrive home DH can go back to bed or shower and get dressed for work, depending on what he's scheduled to work that day. I appreciate him for making this effort to ease the stress that comes with getting three wiggleworts ready before my 7:30AM departure time. Occasionally, I get all three girls dressed and take them with me anyway, just to let DH know that I take nothing he does for granted. Monday night, I saw on my husband's schedule that he had an early shift. I knew that he couldn't provide his normal babysitting service AND be ready for work in time. On Tuesday morning, I was up before my daughters and I was on top of my game. Every child was awake, cleaned, brushed and dressed before our departure time, and were enjoying a short *Noggin* show before we left for school. DH was showered, dressed and smiling when he walked out to the living room at 7:25AM. Both of us gaped at each other in amazement. We had BOTH risen early to take care of the needs of our spouse. You could have knocked me over with a feather! I have an appropriate nickname for him, I think.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In