Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

It's Official Now

My husband has offered to help me with daily chores in the past, but I've always laughed him off. I'm an admitted control freak. That's how I got into the situation our bedroom was in. I was once in the routine of doing two loads of laundry each day: one dark load, one white load. When taking care of a house and a family of five, that's what's necessary to stay ahead of the game. Throw in a migraine or two, and I can only keep up with the dishes. To say that I got behind in the laundry is an understatement. The laundry staged a revolt, looking to take over my bedroom. Actually, my DH had just run out of clean underwear. Let me put minds at ease. DH didn't a) wear a dirty pair, or b) go commando. He wore boxers instead of his usual briefs. I know that he was frustrated and very unhappy, but said nothing. I later thanked him, also telling my DH that he couldn't have made me feel any worse than I was already feeling. So, I found several pair of his briefs, washed/dried them and put them back in his drawer. When DH was kissing me goodbye yesterday, he asked me to get all the laundry washed and dried, piling the clean clothes on our bed if I chose to. He promised to help me put it all away when he got home from work. Whoa! My husband volunteered to help with LAUNDRY.

DH came home at 7PM, and I had done just as he had requested. There was still a load in the washer, one in the dryer, and one waiting to be washed. We tag-teamed folding/hanging up clothes and got all the ones lying on the bed put away. It was 10PM, and the bed was looking mighty inviting. I couldn't resist. I climbed in and don't remember anything after that! I awoke this morning prepared to finish up the laundry I had left to do, but found it already taken care of. On top of that, DH had cleaned the laundry room: top, front and sides of the washer and dryer, swept around the machines, organized my laundry supplies. I have loved my husband since long before we were married, especially today. DH really is my Prince Charming!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In