Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Monday

What are eyebrows for anyway?

As was routine after a good feeding with my newborn daughter, I put her on my shoulder and patted her on the back (read: whacked her repeatedly for several minutes) until she produced a resounding belch. Of course, DH and I cheered her accomplishment. A moment after that, it struck me as strange, so I asked my husband, "At what age do we stop congratulating her on expelling gas?"My fresh-out-of-college Prince Charming replied, "What do you mean?" Seven years later, we have three daughters that laugh hysterically before they announce : 'Excuse Me' for a burp, or 'Pardon Me' for gas. My seven year old feels it's her duty to comment on the odiferous qualities of each one. She was once heard to say to her five year old sister, "That was a good one! Do I still have eyebrows?!" Ahh. My girls are actually boys in floral prints. What's nice is that I can now use the statement I heard my mother say repeatedly when I was young:
My life may be many things, but never boring.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In