Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

Personal Questions...

...asked by complete strangers. At Walmart. When, on rare occasion, I take all three of my children out in public, I know that I'm just asking for nosy questions. Yet I do it anyway. Just so I can make those people laugh instantly, yet walk away mulling over what I said. Here are some versions of the questions that I am asked:

Are they all yours?

Actually, none of them are mine. I just like to stop at local daycare centers and take children that look like me.

All you have is girls?

Well, when I told God what I wanted was a single child, and a boy, He laughed and gave me exactly what He thought I needed. I'm raising myself times THREE!

Aren't you going to try again (for a boy)?

No. We finally found a doctor that was able to explain to us how these babies keep happening, and he put a stop to that!

Oh, my! You must be so busy!

I was busy with just one, but I looked at my husband and said: 'Why not have a couple more just like her?'

I must have an approachable aura about me. I love that. Really, I'm not at all insulted by these questions. I'm not afraid to answer these questions in front of my daughters. When I'm shopping with all three, however, I'm in a hurry to get finished. I'm not worried about what will happen to my daughters. I'm worried about what will happen to the store.

Take just a minute or two and see Chris's personal questions about her boys!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In