Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

Strangest, Wildest, Funniest

It's Official! I've been tagged by Jenny, but only because I asked.

most embarrassing moment
I had to rescue my toddler once from the indoor McDonald's Playground. I was seven months pregnant with my third daughter. I was so frustrated after the squeezing and shimmying involved in the climb, that I pushed my daughter down the slide and came down right behind her. It was only then that I noticed that the dining area was full. As I managed to heave myself to a standing position, the entire crowd erupted in laughter. All I could manage to say was, "Well, I'm not doing that again without Vaseline and a shoe horn!"

what household object are you?
Dishwasher - cleans every disgusting mess that every family member makes and I'm SO taken for granted.

worst thing you have done for revenge
Rubbed my finger on the bar of Safeguard soap, climbed into my bunkbed (conveniently located above my sister's bed), leaned down to pry open my sister's eye, then rubbed the soapy residue in it. She didn't wake immediately, so I had to stifle my giggling for a few minutes - then WAAAAAAAAH!!

what does your name mean
Erin Colleen: Irish Girl or Peaceful Girl, depending on where you get your information

you knew you were a parent when
My mother became a wise woman.

best fart story
Seven year old daughter complimenting my five year old daughter on the smell she had produced: "That was a good one, Catie! Do I still have eyebrows?"

proudest moment
When I married my DH AKA Prince Charming

strangest person you've ever seen
Dennis Rodman at a Dallas Mavericks game a long long time ago.

weirdest food you've ever eaten
Shark steak ( I had to prepare it for Home Ec in the seventh grade)

15 minutes of fame
My injury and ongoing recovery was featured on a Baylor Foundation Documentary on Traumatic Brain Injury, in which I gave much credit to my doctor and therapists at Baylor. Ultimately, I give the glory to God for the miracle of not only my life, but also the life of my baby. The video was presented at a dinner honoring philanthropists for Baylor Research, and I've made myself available for any other events. I am participating in two studies for TBI, one for Southwestern Medical, and one for the Baylor Foundation. I'd say my 15 minutes has stretched into almost three years!

celebrity run ins
Tom Cruise while filming in Dallas for Born on the 4th of July

longest facial hair that sprouts
One blonde hair on my chin

oldest item of clothing you currently wear
1970s vintage wrap dress, puchased for $10 on EBay

funniest movie
For the Birds - Pixar short featured on Monsters, Inc.

stinkiest smell
Burned hair

earliest memory
Being in a crib covered with a sheet printed with rocking horses(I had croup, and the sheet was to keep in the steam pumped in by a humidifier)

worst haircut
bald (shaved my head at 21, just so I could say that I've done it)

best/worst first day of school
Does my oldest daughter's first day count? Blech!

weirdest habit
pulling out my own hair, literally (one at a time - I don't even realize I'm doing it!) So glad God gave me lots of hair!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In