Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Saturday

DH and I accompanied Mom to Sam's this morning, planning to pick up those groceries we run out of frequently. Mom is a business owner, and as a perk, she gets a special shopping time before the store opens to the public each Saturday. Less than five minutes in the store, I started to see why I've heard folks call it the '200 dollar store'. Not a large selection of items, but if you need a lot of one or two things - you came to the right place! We bought what our home is always low on: frozen fruits and veggies. We also purchased 4.5 pounds of Parmesan Cheese (we like it on everything). We also found some vitamins that we have a tough time finding (flax seed oil). We wandered through every aisle in that humongous store, following Mom, who shopped as well. DH pointed out the Professional Espresso Machine, before I pointed out the price on the shelf: $400. I picked up some undershirts for DH, but skipped the 5 gallon jars of pickles. Also, who needs Sharpies, in packages of 24 colors, in BULK? Not my household. I thought pooptastrophes were the worst, until I started thinking of the permanent marker being used on the canvas of our humble home and all of its contents. I silently pray that no parent purchases those.

My own mother once repeated something she heard my grandmother say: " I look forward to having enough money to afford the 'Economy Size'."

Well said, Grandma!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In