Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

New Specs!!


I got new frames today. Prescription hasn't changed much. As the optometrist gently put it, I am "at the age where the prescription won't change much, until [I'm] in need of bifocals." I digress. Did I say 'gently'? Hyperbole is not a trait that I possess. My old frames were from my days in the rehabilitation hospital. Not bad, just not funky enough for my personality. Needless to say, I won't be posting pictures with those frames. This is the first time I've posted a photo of myself on my blog, I realize. I thought about having one of my lovely daughters model the new frames. However, since my head is on the large side, I cannot expect my gigantic frames to fit on any of their tiny heads!

**UPDATE** My DH noticed a bruise on my forehead last night, so I checked out the picture. Sure enough, there it is, near my hairline! I'm not kidding when I talk about my little Rosie being a hot-tempered redhead on the inside. Two days ago, she beaned me with a toy block, and since it didn't hurt (much) I neglected to hold an ice pack on it. DUH. And yes, my forehead really is that large. What can I say? I don't like bangs!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In