Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Sunday

Oh No!!

Just so you know, I've taken cues from other mommy bloggers in using symbols to represent certain le++ers simply to avoid freaky searches...

Recently, in Halie's backpack, there was a personal note sent home from school. Apparently the Drama teacher is concerned about my first-grade daughter's behavior that particular day. The note simply said that Halie had been having an argument, then she slapped another student on the arm. She left her contact information and a spot in which to sign my name, so the teacher would know that I was now aware of her concern. Halie, of course, did not willingly produce this note when she climbed into the SUV after school, nor did she give it to me when we arrived home. If I had not retrieved her lunch box from her backpack, I never would have seen the notebook paper with adult handwriting on it. Since Halie eats slowly ( like me) she and I are always the last two family members at the dinner table. I took the brief one-on-one time with my seven year old to discuss the event. Halie told me that she had chosen not to wear the shorts I had laid out for her to put on beneath her dress. As she continued, Halie also explained that one of the other students saw a glimpse of her pan+ies while in Drama. The student is a sweet, generally well-behaved girl, and Halie has spoken fondly of her up to this point. I know all of this because I AM THE ROOM MOTHER. Seems all it took was the young child saying, "Eww! I saw Halie's pan+ies!" to warrant a slap from my daughter. We talked about what she should have done (hindsight is always 20/20, eh?) and what she should do if this should happen again. No. It won't happen again. I'm sorry to say that this wasn't the first incident involving my daughter's pan+ies being seen in public. It was an improvement, though, since the last time I heard about an incident involving undergarments at school, Halie was flashing students at recess.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In