Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Wednesday

Why? Why? Why?

I found a way to stop the 'Why?' in its tracks. I simply begin giving abstract answers.
For example, one weekend, I made waffles. Silly me! Somewhat like me trying to take all three daughters to WalMart to grocery shop when I'm pressed for time.

Halie: "Why do waffles have lots of little squares?"

me:"Because the waffle iron presses them into the batter as it cooks."

Catie:"Does it hurt the waffle batter?"

me: "No."

Halie: "Does the waffle iron get mad when you take away its breakfast?"

me: "Peanut Butter."

Puzzled looks exchanged across the table

Catie: "Don't you think it's getting tired of working so hard and never getting to enjoy a waffle?

me: "Marshmallows."

An exasperated sigh from both girls

Halie: "Do you think waffles have all those squares to hold the syrup?"

me: "Chocolate."

The long-awaited silence...

Then:

Catie & Halie: "Yummy, Mom! Those sound like good toppings for our waffles!"

Darn!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In