Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

WHAT?!

“I am not a housewife for the simple reason that I did not marry a house.”

I'm not a Housewife! Does anyone else have a problem defining yourself when asked to fill out a generic form that asks your choice of career? My answer is: That. Depends. In 1997, I served in a Home Health Care capacity for a few months, and I would have checked off Nursing back then. In 1998, I was riding out with the San Angelo Fire Department, I would have checked off Medical Services. In 1996, I managed a Hallmark store, so I would have checked Management. In 1985, I waited tables, and would have checked off Food Service. Now, as a full-time Stay At Home Mom (since December 1998), I could check off all of those and more!

I hear many women saying, "I'm just a mom." No. You. Are. Not. Just. A. Mom.

Please take a few minutes today to list all the things that would not get done the way they get done now if you suddenly vanished today. Please tell me how you define yourself when you leave comments. I realize that not every person who reads my blog is a SAHM. I invite you to give me your definition of yourself as well.

Be sure to stop by Hat Trick and see my lovely girls!

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In