Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

It's Summer Now

Halie's last day of school was Thursday. We've had weather in the high 90's for the last two weeks and it's only May. I was born in Chicago, Illinois, where it was said that we only had three (of the possible four) seasons. They are known as July, August, and Winter. My family moved to Texas in early August 1979. I turned five at the end of that month. It was H.O.T. that year! In fact there was a record-setting heat wave with a high of 115 degrees or something, but of course, we were away, visiting family in Chicago. 26 summers later, I'm still in Texas, and I have come to know the three seasons of weather in Texas: Hot, Hotter than Hell, and Nuclear Fission. So glad DH and I got the tinting up in April this year. I don't know which rock we'd try to squeeze money out of to pay the electric bill for another Nuclear Fission Summer.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In