Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Tuesday

What's a mom to eat?

I purchased a box of Honey Bunches of Oats, which proudly boasted 'Good Source of Whole Grains', and not-so-proudly listed Brown Sugar in the top five ingredients. That was roughly one week ago today. I have already heard my husband's and my daughter's glowing reviews: "Mmm! Hurmph-wrumph!" I woke this morning planning to have a bowl for breakfast. As is usual in my morning routine, I fed all the girls the breakfast food of their choosing: Halie had a bowl of Cheerios, Catie had a cinnamon waffle (dry), Rosie had her favorite - vanilla yogurt. Since I have to take my medications at least 30 minutes before eating, I decided to make the school run and eat when I returned. DH keeps the preschool-aged daughters while I take Halie to school, as his work schedule permits. Today was one of those days. I drove Halie to school, dropped her off, and drove straight home, my face was set for some cereal. I took down a bowl from the cabinet, grabbed a spoon, and my mouth was beginning to water as I lifted the box of cereal from the top of the refrigerator. As I poured it out into the bowl, I was a little disappointed. What I got was the very end of the box: Honey Bunches of Crumbs.

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In