Family Circus

No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. - Doug Horton

Friday

She's done it, yet again.


As I have identified my oldest child over on the right side of the page, under Cast and Crew: Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas. Trust me. I did not simply pull this facetious description of my daughter out of thin air. She has pulled five of her teeth - literally. You can read about her oral fixation (obsession?) here, here, here, and today. See the blank spot to the right of her adult-sized top tooth? I cannot explain it: Halie seems obsessed from the moment she notices the tooth wiggling until the darned thing is ripped out, which may be five minutes or two hours, depending on how much pain she's feeling. Quite graphically, my seven year old daughter yanked out the tooth with her fingers cushioned by only a Puffs tissue. This makes me worry about the middle child...

CAST & CREW

Erin: 31, Emcee. Witty redhead, handy with a whip.

DH: 30, Strong Man. Comedian, defender of virtue.

Halie: 7, Chimpanzee. Pulls teeth, loves bananas.

Catie: 5, Leaping Lemur. Gentle and cuddly, loves grapes.

Rosie: 2, Cappuccin. Flings poo, loves carrots.

Back To School In